Kartra or ClickFunnels, which software is better in 2021? Read this ultimate Kartra vs. ClickFunnels comparison to find out which one is a better option for you.
The growth of the internet has transformed the way we do business now. It has introduced a tremendous growth potential for entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes.
- Comparison at a Glance
- Short Verdict
- 1. Features
- 2. Ease of Use / Customizability
- 3. Conversion Tracking Capabilities & Analytics
- 4. Integrations
- 5. Pricing
- 6. Customer Support
- Bottom Line
- Related Comparisons
But at the same time, the competition is fierce. It’s easy to get lost in the search engine ratings if you’re not careful.
The smallest thing can make you soar high or fall back to the ground in an instant.
So, what should you do?
Because of the scope of the online market growth, it’s important to have everything at your fingertips, and this isn’t possible without automating a major part of your business.
That’s what sales or marketing automation platforms help you do. Although you can find many SaaS companies that will claim to take care of everything for you, obviously, some are better than others.
In this review, we’ll compare two popular platforms in detail, Kartra and ClickFunnels. We’ll see which one of these provides better features for business automation.
We’ll also have a look at aspects like ease-of-use, tracking capabilities, in-app or third-party integrations, pricing, and customer support.
So, let’s begin.
But if you’re in a hurry, here’s a quick review of both website builders for you.
Comparison at a Glance
Winner: Kartra. Kartra offers a much more extensive feature-set and a more comprehensive all-in-one solution compared to ClickFunnels.
2. Ease of Use / Customizability
Winner: Both. Both platforms are equally competitive in this category, offering a similar level of customization.
3. Conversion Tracking Capabilities
Winner: Kartra. Kartra offers many tracking tools that you don’t find with ClickFunnels, including scroll tracking, certainty ratio and 360-degree analytics.
Winner: ClickFunnels. ClickFunnels has a much more developed network of third-party associations than Kartra.
Winner: Both. Depending upon value vs money relation, both platforms have a similar pricing approach.
6. Customer Support
Winner: ClickFunnels. Once again, ClickFunnels has a much more refined online support delivery network through its vast knowledgebase compared to Kartra.
Both platforms are pretty awesome. In each of them, you’ll find something; you won’t be able to obtain in the other. That’s why both win this comparison.
Let’s get a detailed perspective on both platforms now.
There are so many things that need your attention when it comes to automating processes. So the more utilities you can get your hands on, the easier it’ll be for you.
Let’s have a look at the feature-sets offered by both Kartra and ClickFunnels, and see which one is more practical.
Compared to ClickFunnels that commands a solid standing among digital marketers, Kartra is a fairly new platform. Seeking to offer everything other platforms lacked, Kartra creators took a long time in creating a product they were satisfied with.
An all-in-one sales and marketing automation software, Kartra differs from other platforms because of its unique approach.
While still finding its bearings, Kartra has managed to attract the attention of marketers, mainly due to a more comprehensive feature-set compared to other platforms out there.
So, let’s have a quick look at Kartra’s features.
- Drag-&-Drop Builder – drag-and-drop builder to easily slide different components onto the page.
- Template Market Place – choose from a wide variety of beautifully drafted, free or paid templates for landing pages, websites or plug-and-play campaigns.
- 100% Mobile Responsiveness – all the pages built in Kartra are 100% responsive for all handheld devices.
- Expert for Hire – Kartra also offers a marketplace where you can hire experts to develop your business strategy, funnel campaigns, membership portal setup, sequences and automation, etc.
- Products and Affiliates Management – the platform offers a complete system to manage your products, affiliates and the payments involved.
- Leads Groups and Tags – You can group different kinds of leads, contacts or subscribers and segment them into different categories which makes it easier to run email campaigns or offer upsells or coupons.
- Membership – create high-level membership portals with multiple access levels for your customers.
- Advanced Email Automation Tool – Kartra offers a complete system for email marketing and creating follow-up funnels. You can also create advanced ‘IFs and THENs’ sequences and automation for follow-up funnels.
- YES and NO Booleans – use custom Yes and No rules to define varied automated paths for different customer segments.
- Funnel Sharing – you can also share funnels with colleagues, clients or friends that have Kartra accounts.
- Integrated Shopping Cart – The platform offers a full-fledged payment handling with an integrated shopping cart, so you don’t have to go for a third-party solution.
- A/B Split Tests – you can use intelligent split testing to compare different versions of your web pages or campaigns to see which ones are better for conversions.
- Video Hosting – Kartra offers internal video hosting which means you can directly upload your videos into the Kartra platform rather than having to embed links from an external source.
- Lead Capture Forms – create customized lead capture forms with as many fields as you require. The software also remembers these details for automatic pre-fills in the future.
- Built-in Calendar App – the platform offers an integrated calendar app to schedule appointments with clients. You can also link the apps with your funnels.
- Kartra Helpdesk – You can also offer your customers full-scale ticketing and live chat support using Kartra’s built-in Helpdesk feature.
- Kartra BAM – the platform offers a Behavioral Adaptive Marketing feature that automatically customizes your sales copy, offers, emails, opt-ins, payment plans, etc. according to different customer segments.
- Built-in Scroll Heatmap – Kartra comprises an integrated heatmap tool to track and uncover the key engaging elements on your pages.
- SEO features – get access to SEO features like Global tracking codes, entire site SEO ranking, etc.
- Integrated Eco-system – the platform offers a fully integrated eco-system where everything is interconnected, which means you can easily link a button, form or other elements to any page, website or funnel.
- Export On-demand – you can create page designs, email sequences, or entire funnels and easily deploy them right into your customer’s Kartra account.
- Kartra Agency – a single dashboard to manage all your clients’ accounts, view all their analytics in a single glance, directly access all clients’ accounts from inside the dashboard, and a lot more.
All packages offer:
- All features are available on all plans
- Video Hosting
- Advanced Email Automation
- Products and Affiliate Management
- Built-in Calendar and Scroll Heatmap Apps
- Behavioural Adaptive Marketing
- Integrated Shopping Cart
- Integrated Eco-system
Only higher tiers offer:
- Kartra Agency
What you don’t get with Kartra
Although Kartra does offer a training portal that you can access from your account, it’s nowhere near as comprehensive as the knowledge base provided by ClickFunnels.
Granted, Kartra is still taking its baby steps. And you do get access to Kartra Academy where you get training from Andy Jenkins, Co-Founder Kartra, and Frank Kern, a digital marketing giant himself. But still, a lot needs to be done in this area.
One of the most successful sales and marketing automation platform, ClickFunnels has over 300k entrepreneurs associated with it today.
ClickFunnels helps business automate their sales processes for the online markets. The platform is particularly known for its high-quality sales funnels and colossal conversion rates.
You can either build your funnels from scratch or choose from a variety of templates and customize them for generating leads, making sales, promoting live events, getting subscriptions and much more.
You can also build entire websites using the platform and create awesome online stores. ClickFunnels gives you access to a range of cool features to build your landing pages, sales pages, websites and funnels. Let’s have a look at them.
- Comprehensive Sales Solution – the platform provides complete pre-designed campaign solutions. You can add your content, make other customizations and have your campaigns running in no time.
- Customizable Templates – ClickFunnels offers many high-quality templates for landing pages, opt-in pages, thank you pages, websites, purpose-oriented funnels and more.
- Drag and Drop Visual Editor – ClickFunnels offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor to help you drag content on to your pages and customize them whatever way you like.
- Domain Hosting – you can choose to add your own domain to pages or funnels if you already have one. Otherwise, you can also purchase a new domain inside of ClickFunnels platform. In this case, the platform also provides hosting services.
- Split Testing – you can test different components of your sites or funnels and even entire pages and funnels to see which ones perform better in generating leads or making conversions.
- Publishing of Funnels on Other Platforms – ClickFunnels offers many options using which you can publish your funnels to other websites, social media platforms, or affiliate programs.
- These options include ClickPop codes, ClickOptin links, WordPress Plugins, Embed Code, or download HTML file of your page to host anywhere. You can also use “Add to Facebook” to connect funnels to your Facebook Page and automatically display them.
- Email Integration and AutoResponder – you also get built-in email marketing integration, saving you funds and valuable time that would be spent in setting up a third-party solution.
- Integrated Shopping Cart – ClickFunnels also offers an integrated shopping cart, so you don’t have to add third-party plugins for that.
- Payment processing and Gateways – ClickFunnels gives you a variety of different options to send and receive payments, such as Stripe, PayPal, ClickBank, InfusionSoft, OntraPort, NMI, etc.
- Affiliate Management – the platform offers Backpack, which is a comprehensive and efficient affiliate management tool. (available for Enterprise Plan only)
- Contact Database – you also get access to a complete contacts database to manage your contacts within the platform.
- Image Selection – you can choose high-quality images and icons from the vibrant collections of Pixabay, Unsplash and IconFinder.
- Track Visitors’ Click-Throughs – you can track each and every click on your pages which helps you stay up-to-date on what visitors are doing on your pages, what content they are engaging with and what areas might need improvement.
- Reset, Clone, or Share Funnels – want to clone entire funnels for future campaigns? You can easily do that with ClickFunnels. You can also reset or share your funnels.
- Funnel Hackathons – Step-by-step coaching for building and launching successful funnels.
Both tiers offer:
- Customizable, professionally designed pages (limited number)
- ClickPops and ClickOptins
- Split Tests
- Advanced funnels (limited number)
- Payments Gateways
- Email Integration
- Funnel sharing
- Chat Support (priority support for premium users)
- Training courses
Only premium tier offer:
- Visual Email Builder
- One-Click upsells
- Backpack tool
- Actionetics (marketing automation software)
- Follow-up Funnels
- Step-by-step coaching for funnel building (Funnel Hackathons)
What you don’t get with ClickFunnels
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a small business or a large corporation, Clickfunnels can help you to automate your sales process within a fraction of the time.
However, if you require to build unique, custom websites, ClickFunnels may not be the ideal platform for you. At ClickFunnels, there’s less focus on creativity, more on conversions.
That’s why you can quickly build high-quality sales pages or funnels. But when it comes to creating eclectic or unique sites, ClickFunnels doesn’t offer the right kind of visual builder for the purpose.
Winner: Kartra. ClickFunnels is arguably the most popular sales automation platforms there is. But when compared on features, Kartra has a more extensive feature-set than ClickFunnels and offers features like video hosting, advanced email sequences, etc. which you don’t find with ClickFunnels.
2. Ease of Use / Customizability
When you’re trying to avoid coding and time-consuming processes, you’re certainly not looking for a complex, difficult to use software. Many people that use specialized software aren’t necessarily tech-savvy. That’s why the easier it is to operate software, the better.
Let’s see how easily operable and customizable both Kartra and ClickFunnels are.
As you land on the Kartra Dashboard, everything is pretty systematically and straight-forwardly laid out. You won’t have to look for anything as every feature is prominently labelled.
Also, the initial software tour helps you get settled within the platform. Other than that, everything is listed down a left-hand side panel.
You can go to My Page if you want to build a landing page or any other type of page. Or you can go to My Campaigns if you want to create a website and/or funnel.
Let’s say you wanted to build a page; you’d go to the blinking green button on the My Pages window and click on it. You can either open up a blank page and create it from scratch. Or you can pick a pre-designed template.
In either case, you’ll launch the builder. Just like the software interface, you’ll get a tour of the builder as well, get to know where everything is.
If you picked a template, now all you’ll do is add your content – text, images, videos, etc. You can also change the colour scheme or fonts, or drag new items on to the page, such as Hero section, CTAs, opt-in forms, countdowns, testimonials, buttons, alert bars, etc.
You can customize everything in terms of text, colour, fonts, etc. But you can not change the size of most predefined elements, such as logos, images, timers, etc.
For buttons, for instance, you can choose from pre-set sizes: small, medium, large, and a few others, but you can’t specify a custom size. This limitation does become annoying, and you have to play around it.
You can modify the pre-set layout of the pages, but everything drops into rigid gridlines. You can’t just put anything anywhere as in a free-form editor.
If you chose to create a page from scratch, you’ll first have to add different sections to the page before you can start dragging in page components.
The builder is pretty easy to use. It gives you as much flexibility as most builders do out there – bar Unbounce which offers you free-form drag-&-drop functionality.
However, if you were to build funnels, that’s a bit of a different story.
Before you can start building anything, you have to specify the goal of your funnel and create assets which you’d be using in the funnels such as lists, tags, pages, sequences, forms, calendars, memberships, videos, etc. Of course, you only have to create the ones you intend to link inside your funnels later on. And then you can move on to selecting a template and fill it up with your content and then launch it.
You can either publish your pages or funnels to a Kartra subdomain or use one of your own using Kartra’s easy-peasy One-Click-Push technology which publishes pages live to your domain within a few seconds.
You can also control what your shared pages look like on Facebook posts. Additionally, Kartra’s Behavioral Adaptive Marketing technology customizes sales copies and other components where necessary according to who is visiting the pages.
In our opinion, there’s a bit of a learning curve, as with anything. But nothing you can’t grasp within a few minutes of tutoring and trials.
ClickFunnels makes it extremely easy and hassle-free for you to create professional sales funnels. All the templates are professionally designed; every page element strategically formulated to help optimize conversions.
You can access a range of predefined funnels with corresponding landing pages, which you can either choose based on industry or your campaign objective. There are four main categories:
- Generate Leads
- Sell Products / Launch Products
- Run a Webinar
- Promote an Event
Choose a template, add your content, customize for branding and there you have it. If you want to add more content, you can add more sections using the drag-and-drop editor.
All the page elements are customizable, but you can’t move them around on the page, as you would with fluid motions.
However, you can still choose to add more images, videos, forms, tables, buttons, timers, etc. You can also embed video links from YouTube, Wistia, and Vimeo.
You can also create custom subscription forms as well as CTA buttons as per your campaign or business requirements.
Additionally, you can decide where the CTA button will take the visitors when clicked. You can send to them your Facebook page, your website or to another page in the funnel.
Moreover, you can add a custom domain for each new funnel or use a pre-existing domain (for instance, your website domain)
When we say funnels, we don’t just mean e-commerce. You can also build other kinds of funnels, including launch funnels, webinar funnels, subscription funnels, follow-up funnels and more.
What is particularly interesting is none of this work requires even an ounce of coding from you. Additionally, the interface guides you at each and every step, generating tips about best content practices.
But that’s not all. The platform also offers purpose-built, goal-oriented funnels that require little input from you, called Cookbook recipes. So, if you’re short on time or frequently need to create professional-grade funnels, Cookbook recipes are the answer for you.
Since ClickFunnels also offers complete hosting and server maintenance services, you can thoroughly concentrate on your campaigns without having to worry about the technicalities.
Where you need to collaborate with in-house teams or your clients, funnel sharing is great for that. You can just share the funnel URL with the other person, and they can add it to their own ClickFunnels account.
However, non-members will have to create their ClickFunnels account first for funnel URL to work. But, no worries to you. ClickFunnels pays you a commission if you introduce new long-term members to the platform.
Moreover, the shared URL is an affiliate link that results in recurring bonus for you whenever the link is used.
So, as we have seen, ClickFunnels is fantastic when you need to run highly conversion-focused funnels. The platform is extremely easy to use and takes the hassle out of building and publishing professional funnels.
Winner: Both. Both Kartra and ClickFunnels offer a similar level of customizability and ease when it comes to building pages or funnels. That’s why both win this category.
3. Conversion Tracking Capabilities & Analytics
Business and analytics go hand in hand. There won’t be a business left to do if you don’t know how you’re performing. It’s as simple as that.
Let’s see what kind of analytical and tracking tools both platforms offer.
Kartra provides extremely developed tracking capabilities. You can track virtually anything you create inside Kartra from sales, affiliates, transactions, lists, broadcasts, sequences to conversions, engagement ratings, forms, memberships, visitors, calendars and more.
You also get to use Kartra’s exclusive Certainty Ratio when split testing your campaigns. The ratio is an advanced algorithm that analyzes visitor spectrum, goal deltas, and other relevant analytics to help you know when the results of a campaign are definitive.
Compared to ClickFunnels, Kartra also offers a better level of SEO Optimization and global tracking. You also get to access detailed analytics on each and every aspect.
For instance, if you were to track progress on a page, the conversion analytics will tell you how many visitors you had, what percentage of goals was met, what was the visitor to goal ratio, and how much revenue you earned during a specific time.
Similarly, you can monitor your transactions with precise information about the date of transaction, products sold, price point, seller username, buyer username etc.
Additionally, you can track conversions by the device as well as take advantage of scroll tracking to learn what areas need improvement or better engagement tactics.
Then you can also profile your prospects into laser-targeted sub-groups as they advance through your funnels, something Kartra calls Lead Tagging. You can also track in real-time the step-by-step progress of the visitors down the funnels.
In a nutshell, Kartra gives you comprehensive 360-degree analytics to track visitors’ progress through funnels, record valuable insights and summarize everything onto at-a-glance dashboards.
Furthermore, Kartra also integrates with Zapier. So, if you require a specific tool for tracking or monitoring purposes, you’re sure to find it with Zapier.
No matter what tool you need to run your eCommerce store or to analyze your funnels, you can find that with ClickFunnels.
The platform is rich in in-app integrations and offers a range of analytical and tracking tools to help you stay informed.
From split-testing parts of your pages or entire sites to knowing your click-through rates and conversion metrics, you have everything on your fingertips. Based on this information, you can analyze sales trends and generate reports for future strategies.
Furthermore, you can examine the performance of your entire campaigns which will help you ascertain what areas need improvement, what can be changed in the future campaigns and what needs to stay the same.
In essence, ClickFunnels provides you with the tools to make key decisions about your sales and marketing processes and helps you to do better in future.
Winner: Kartra. ClickFunnels offers pretty cool conversion tracking tools. But Kartra is even better in this area with its advanced tools, such as lead tagging, scroll tracking, certainty ratio and 360-degree analytics.
Integrations, whether in-app or third-party supported, are extremely important for having different components of your business running smoothly and efficiently.
Let’s see what range of integrations is provided by both Kartra and ClickFunnels.
Kartra is still pretty new, and its network is understandably still growing. But even so, it offers many native integrations with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as:
- Elastic Email
- Digital Access Pass
- Optimize Press
- S2 Member
- Zapier and a few others.
You can use these integrations to manage different digital marketing operations including, payment gateways, email automation, SMS marketing, membership platforms, etc.
Interestingly, Kartra also offers API, IPN and Custom App system for developers that want to fashion and code custom integrations.
As mentioned above, ClickFunnels offers many in-app integrations to automate funnels, generate reports, run marketing campaigns, manage your CRM, etc.
You can even automate email marketing through Actionetics. You can also use this app to create email sequences and personalized targeted sales funnels that’ll take your conversion rates from great to amazing.
Similarly, you can use the Backpack tool to add an affiliate program to your funnels quickly. The app also helps you manage your affiliate programs without having to resort to a third-party solution.
Furthermore, you can use integrated shopping carts, checkouts, order fulfilment, cloud-based communications, and much more within ClickFunnels. In addition, the platform also integrates with many third-party solutions, such as:
- VWO Engage
- Disc Delivered
- Shipstation and many others.
Winner: ClickFunnels. ClickFunnels is clearly ahead of Kartra in this category. Having been around for many years, ClickFunnels has developed a much larger network of integrated apps and tools and continues to grow.
Businesses are painfully careful where they’re spending the money. Therefore, the more value they can get in exchange for a service, the more they’ll prefer it.
Let’s see how both Kartra and ClickFunnels manage their price vs value balance.
Kartra offers four different pricing plans targeted at different market segments spread across a monthly usage spectrum. The good thing is you aren’t locked out of any features in any of the packages, save the Kartra Agency feature which isn’t available for the start-up tier.
The four Kartra plans are called the Starter plan, the Silver plan, the Gold plan, and the Platinum plan.
|Costs $99 per month||$199 per month||$299 per month||$499 per month|
Up to 2,500 Leads 15,000 emails/mo 100 pages 2 membership sites 50 GB bandwidth 1 custom domain
Up to 12,500 leads 125,000 emails/mo Unlimited pages Unlimited membership sites 125 GB bandwidth 3 custom domains
Up to 25,000 leads 250,000 emails/mo Unlimited pages Unlimited membership sites 250 GB bandwidth 5 custom domains
Up to 50,000 leads 500,000 emails/mo Unlimited pages Unlimited membership sites 400 GB bandwidth 10 custom domains
|Ideal for individuals||Ideal for startups||Ideal for small businesses||Ideal for agencies and corporations|
These are monthly charges. But if you opt for an annual subscription, you get to save up to 25% off the total price.
So, when it comes to pricing, there are two different pricing plans available with ClickFunnels, simply called ClickFunnels and ClickFunnels Platinum. Here’s what you get with each of them:
|Costs $97 per month||Costs $297 per month|
|Includes: 20 funnels, 100 pages, 3 payment gateways, and 3 domains.||Includes: unlimited number of pages, funnels, and follow-up funnels as well as 9 payment gateways and 9 domains.|
|Ideal for beginners, solopreneurs, small businesses||Ideal for agencies and big corporations|
At those rates, ClickFunnels may seem quite pricey, but when you add up other costs such as hosting, pre-designed funnels with proven success record, integrated apps, etc., you’ll begin to see the bargain you’re getting here.
Winner: Both. When we compare the starter plans, ClickFunnels seems more reasonable. However, as far as the premium tiers are concerned, Kartra has much more to offer. So, we can’t pick a single winner here.
6. Customer Support
Customer support is a crucial aspect of any SaaS company. When you have something on hold, and your business is suffering because of it, lousy customer support – or rather non-support – is the last thing you need.
Let’s see how both platforms facilitate their users in this regard.
There are four main routes you can get help at Kartra. You can get on live chat with their representative and get support.
You can also submit an online ticket. Generally, Kartra offers a speedy response to customer’s queries.
You can ask for advice from the Facebook Community and discuss funnel ideas.
Kartra also offers the Kartraverse Training Center, where you can find many tutorial videos and expert marketing tips.
Furthermore, you can even hire an expert at Kartra’s marketplace to help you run your marketing campaigns more effectively.
There are a number of ways you can reach the ClickFunnels tech support should a problem arise. Phone call support is available for all users during the weekdays. Platinum users also get the email and live chat support.
The company also provides a great knowledge base through their blog and FunnelFlix (video channel) to help you through different stages of campaigns or other processes, including training courses, tutorials, and how-to articles at their blog.
The blog is a great way to stay in touch with the latest updates with the software, best practices, and learning about new add-ons.
The articles also offer complete guidance and expert tips from setting up your pages to successfully running your funnels. If there’s something still unresolved, you can also access the tech support through an online help desk.
Winner: ClickFunnels. Although Kartra has a pretty good support team, their knowledge base isn’t as developed as that of ClickFunnels’. That’s why this category goes to ClickFunnels.
Both Kartra and ClickFunnels were head to head in this comparison, winning out in an equal number of categories and tying in the remaining.
If Kartra gives you Behavioral Adaptive Marketing, built-in video hosting, better tracking capabilities, affiliate marketplace and advanced email marketing system; ClickFunnels offers FunnelFlix, Funnel Hackathons, more integrations and massive knowledgebase.
That’s why it’s pretty much impossible to pick one out as the clear winner. However, depending on your business and marketing requirements, you might favour one over the other. In which case, it’d come down your personal preference.
But to help you make a quick decision, we’ll list out some suggestions.
Choose Kartra if:
- You’re looking for a fully comprehensive sales and marketing automation solution.
- You have clients who demand built-in HelpDesk functionalities.
- Video-hosting takes up a significant part of your work.
- You’re operating in a volatile market with fast-changing trends; then you can take advantage of the Behavioral Adaptive marketing to the fullest.
Choose ClickFunnels if:
- You’re looking to create high-yielding sales funnels that convert leads to customers.
- Consistency and fierce competitiveness are vital to your business.
- You’re looking for a tried and tested automation solution.